The Take a Break program covers our mainstream weekly Cottage camps. The program emphasises co-operation and respect and encourages children to be healthy, active, happy and secure. This program also includes camps offered to children from areas affected by disasters such as bushfires and floods, as well as Refugee families.
The Take a Break program ensures that children experience a wide range of recreational options – from activities that challenge like Surfing, or encourage team building like the ‘Spider’s Web’, to those that are simply about fun. All activities are run to strictly enforced standards to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all concerned.
Children are supported to fit into a homely and nurturing environment that ensures they feel both safe and appreciated.
- to establish positive patterns of behaviour in children
- to develop additional social skills that assist children in group situations
- to improve school attendance
- to encourage children to be more active
- to endorse the benefits of healthy eating habits
- to support well-being by increasing self-esteem and confidence
- to advocate respect for self and others
- improved school attendance
- more active children
- healthier eating habits
- increased self-esteem and confidence
- greater respect for self and others