From happy campers:
- Thank you for the things you had done for us. Surfing was OK. I was so scared when I stood on the surfboard by my self. I had fun with you I hope you had a good time with us. I did.
- I can’t believe my mum said that she did not have to pay for camp. Who pays for all this cool stuff for us? Please thank them for us.
- I love all the yummy food here at camp…I can’t believe they know how to cook Thai food. My tummy hurts from laughing so much. I don’t want to go back to school. I want to live here. I love the beach… I didn’t know it was so much fun… I think I want to be a teacher here when I grow up!!
- That canoe program was the best thing l have ever done! Thank you Cottage
- This is my first camp and l have had the best time ever. Mum is a bit sick at the moment so l can’t wait to tell her about the fun I have had here. It will make her happy because she’s been so sad lately.
From happy parents/carers:
- Thank you so much for the children’s holiday. They had such a good time they fight to talk about something that they did or saw, etc. It was a great break for me as well! You really spoilt the boys with the bags and hats. They were exhausted and I think it will take them a week to catch up. Please pass on my thanks to everyone. (Carer of two boys aged 9 and 7)
- Please, please can my two little boys come on your fantastic camp? I have 7 children at home and I can’t fit every one into my car to take them anywhere during the holidays and I just want them to have some fun at the beach and I’m sorry but I just can’t do it myself”. The boys spent a week at the Cottage and surfed and swam and played and – you guessed it – they didn’t want to go home!!!!
Schools and Agencies
Thank you to the staff and volunteers at Cottage by the Sea for providing our students with such a fantastic camp experience last week. The children have given us, and their parents, lots of positive feedback about all the activities, the food, the staff, their achievements and all the fun they had!
Everyone clearly felt very well cared for, safe and well supported by the camp leaders. We can visibly see the boost in confidence, as well as the closer connections the group has forged during their week on camp.
Thank you also for looking after our staff when we visited. We were very impressed with the organisation and steady, caring approach taken by the staff.